The West Georgian email: email@example.com
Office phone: 678-839-6527
Office located in UCC 111
- Kayla Henderson, Editor-in-Chief: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brittany Mersfelder, News Editor: email@example.com
- Emily Allen, Copy Editor: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jada Carswell-Smith, Webmaster: email@example.com
- Andrew Slay, Graphic Designer: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jackson Gamble, Social Media Manager: email@example.com
- Dr. John Sewell, Advisor: firstname.lastname@example.org
As an educator my goal is twofold: to provide viable career training, and to foster critical thinking in hope of spurring progressive social change. Although my professional history and current focus at UWG is in journalism, I also have a strong background in cultural studies, critical theory, and critical/rhetorical ethnography. My research is focused on gendered identities associated with rock music subcultures. At present I am rewriting my dissertation, “‘Doing it for The Dudes’: A Comparative Ethnographic Study of Performative Masculinity in Heavy Metal and Hardcore Subcultures” as a book project. I am excited to be working with the staff of The West Georgian, and have high expectations for the newspaper this year.
Have an event you would like added to our calendar? Please send all requests to email@example.com
The West Georgian welcomes letters to the editor. Letters may be mailed to: Editor, The West Georgian, University of West Georgia, Carrollton, GA, 30118, or sent via electronic mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All letters must be signed and include a phone number and mailing address for verification purposes. Letters should not exceed 350 words and should be submitted by 12 a.m. the Wednesday prior to publication. Editors reserve the right to edit for style, content and length.